Thursday, May 17, 2018

Craftin Desert Divas "Flashback"!

Hello CDD fans and welcome back!! I'm here today to share a card made using "older" stamps and dies from Craftin Desert Divas!  It's always nice to go through your stash and find a set that's a bit older but still totally awesome.  Speaking of "totally", I used the Greeting Word Die Set which happens to have this word in it!!  I have never come across this in any other company. And the font is fabulous!

This set was released a couple of years ago and I love it! I haven't used it in awhile but this was the perfect time.  For the images, I used the Tickled Pink stamp set. Again, this set was released awhile ago but is still fun and trendy. Who doesn't love a beach bound flamingo??



I stamped, coloured and fussy cut my images out, then planned the scene I was going to create.  I die cut a circle from the Stitched in Circles Die Set and did a bit of messy ink blending with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink.  I wasn't concerned with getting a smooth blend as the "patchiness" gives the look of clouds.


As you can see, I changed my mind.  I decided to ink blend directly on a panel cut from the Fancy Frames Die Set.  I used the negative space from the circle die cut as a quick and easy mask.

Now, this is where I cheated a bit.  I could not resist using the brand new Beach Scene Dies on this scene!!  I die cut the "sand" and umbrella and used Distress Inks to give them colour.


Before adhering everything to the die cut panel, I did some masking of the sentiment with washi tape to break it up into two separate stamps.


I adhered everything to a kraft card base with a combination of liquid glue and foam adhesive.


Of course I stamped "fabulous" a little crooked but I went with it!  


A little Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents add a bit of sparkle and shine to different areas of the images.


I hope you enjoyed this "look back" at some of the older products that are available in the shop!!

Here's a list of all CDD products used:





















1 comment:

  1. Much as we love those new releases, it's always good to remind ourselves of what we bought some time ago and need a bit more love. I love that script die. Reminds me of Bill and Ted - Totally...… xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...