Saturday, July 22, 2017

Making Use of My Stamp..starting with the letter "M"

Hello and welcome back!! On Friday, I decided it was time to pick a new letter for my Making Use of My Stamps series.  And the letter that was picked was the letter M!



This is exciting.  I have a ton of My Favourite Things stamp sets, a lot of My Creative Time stamps and dies and some Mama Elephant stamps.  From cutesy to elegant, I think I've got it covered!!

For my first card, I went with Mama Elephant.  I started by heat embossing some of the florals from the Freestyle Florals ( I linked to the bundle )in white onto some watercolour paper.  I used my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush markers to colour them. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.



For the sentiment I used the Blessed stamp set. I also used white embossing powder for this on a navy cardstock panel.  I placed the panel onto a white cardbase and added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Gloss White.


I even have extra flowers and leaves to play with!!

My next card features My Favourite Things.  I've had the Polynesian Paradise Stamp Set and Co-ordinating Dies.  I've had this set for a LONG time and have only coloured a couple images from it.  I did some amateur no-line watercolour for this.  I used the Barely Beige ink from Simon Says Stamp.   (Amy Rysavy has used this ink for no-line colouring and I had to give it a try!)


It turned out okay.  My shading skills need some improvement!  I also used the Blueprints 1 Set to die cut the scalloped panel and used Distress Ink to do some blending.  I adhered that panel to a Woodgrain Cardstock base.  I white heat embossed the sentiment.


And last but not least, a project using stamps and dies from My Creative Time.  I adore Emma's products!!  What is awesome is that almost all of her stamps and dies come as a set..I LOVE THAT!!!

I used the Be Awesome stamp and die set to create my focal point.  This die set creates what looks like a Post It Note along with other little accessories.  I did some ink blending on the "post it" with yellow ink and added a bit of "tape" to the top.  I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Black Onyx ink.


To dress up my card base a bit, I used the awesome Geo Borders set.  I stamped the triangle stamp with some Twirling Tutu ink onto a scrap piece of white cardstock and trimmed it down into strips which created a nice frame for my card panel.  To add a bit more something to my "post it", I die cut some flowers and leaves from the Stitched Pretty Flowers and Leaves die set.  I used the same yellow and pink ink and added some Willow ink for the leaves.  I foam mounted the panel using foam tape to give a bit of dimension.


I hope you enjoyed my first three "M" projects!  I truly had a blast making these.  

This letter in the series will take a bit longer than the H's as I have more to work with!!

Thank you so much for following along with me and maybe playing along!!

See you soon!!!

Laurie







1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how much I love this series. I think your no line colouring is fabulous - I've never done it after one attempt! Lol! Keep them coming. It's nice to see older supplies in use again. I get so caught up in new releases I forget about what was great about the last one. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...