Monday, July 17, 2017

#LOVE with Distress Oxide Inks

Hello, all!!  I'm back to share a bright and happy card!  I recently received the new set of Distress Oxide Inks and just had to have a play.  This card also had a couple of "happy accidents" which I'll point to you :)

I started by picking some rainbow colours of the Oxides.  I chose Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmalade, Wilted Violet and threw in a bit of Faded Jeans.

I used Bristol cardstock which worked beautifully.  I started stamping the outline heart shaped from the Sweetheart Candy stamp set.  I tried to create a random pattern using different colours.  Then, taking a damp paintbrush, I added water to the inside of the heart.  As soon as the water touches that ink, it starts to bleed...in a good way!  It feathers the ink towards the inside of the heart but yet maintains a crisp outline image, love it!!


Happy accident #1:  At some point while stamping, I turned the panel to start filling in the gaps.  This resulted in the hearts going in two different directions.  Totally not what I had in mind, but I went with it and in the end, really liked it. The small heart comes from the Foxes stamp set.  These two hearts are exactly the same shape.

I wanted to leave the insides of the hearts white but didn't want the end result to have so much white space.  So I smooshed some Broken China Oxide Ink onto a non porous surface, spritzed it with water and applied it CAREFULLY around all the hearts.  I'm not sure if it was the ink or the paper, but I ended up with a lot of hard edges and I LOVE hard edges to watercolour!


I used the rectangle die from the Dotted Patterns Set 1 die set.  I adhered that onto a piece of textured, white cardstock that was trimmed just slightly larger than the heart panel.  For my card base, I used a blue cardstock that went well with the Broken China Distress Oxide Ink.


The sentiment also come from the Sweetheart Candy stamp set.  I used a sentiment strip die and embossed the #love with Silver Embossing Powder.  I layered the sentiment onto the same blue cardstock to make it pop a bit more.  Before adhering the sentiment, I put a messy nest of silver thread behind.


And of course no card is complete without some Studio Katia sequins!!  I used a few of the flat sequins from the Majestic Fusion sequin mix and added a dot of Silver Stickles to the centres.

Happy Accident #2:  I meant to round the bottom two corners but grabbed the wrong punch, so ended up with these corners!!  But again, I think it looks okay!!


And that's my finished for today!  I hope you enjoyed!!  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time..

Laurie










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...