Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Christmas in July with Studio Katia!!



HO, HO, HO!!!  This week at Studio Katia we've been celebrating Christmas early!!  On one hand, it's nice to mix things up in the middle of the year by taking out your winter stamps and having a play.  On the other hand,  it's too soon to think about snow and winter (we get about 6-7 months of winter here, so I plan on enjoying summer while I can!).

To bring some summer into my winter card,  I used non-traditional Christmas colours.  I started by stamping a few of the images from the Origami Winter stamp set using Versamark Ink and then embossed them using Ranger Fine Detail white embossing powder.  I decided I wanted to colour on kraft with pencils crayons.  Seems like ages ago that I used my pencils!!


I chose two shades of each colour:  pink, turquoise, purple and blue.

I use the Lyra Rembrandt PolyColor pencils and love them!

After I had all the images coloured, I decided that the one bow was way too dark in comparison to my other colours.


To remedy this little problem, I restamped the present and heat embossed like before, chose a couple of lighter colours then fussy cut around the bow portion only.  I used a bit of TomBow liquid glue to adhere it right over the dark bow.


I cut down the kraft panel using the rectangle die from the Dotted Patterns Set 1 and adhered directly onto an A2 white card base.


The sentiment also come from the Origami Winter set.  I white heat embossed it onto the sentiment strip from the Darling Ribbon and Dotted Frames creative dies set.  To give it a bit of dimension, I added two layers of foam adhesive to the middle of the strip and used liquid glue to adhere the ends.


With a few touches of Clear Wink of Stella, the card was almost done...


I went through my stash of SK sequins and picked out a few that matched my colour scheme.  I used the 8mm sequins from the Crystal Clear Fusion,  a few 4mm Luminous Lavender and picked out a couple light blue sequins from the Winter Wonderland Fusion.




I hope you enjoyed today's "Christmas in July" card!  Thanks for stopping by and see you soon!!

Laurie













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...