Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Exciting, Fabulous News!!

Hello everyone!  Today, I'm so excited to be sharing my first project as a design team member for Honey Bee Stamps!!  I am thrilled to be a part of this amazing team for the next 6 months!! :)



I created a card using a couple of my favourite sets from HBS in two of my favourite colours...grey and gold!  I started by creating a mask out of some plain (happens to be pink) printer paper and a circle die.


I used the negative piece to cover the panel I created out of white cardstock.  I then stamped a woodgrain background stamp overtop.  This left me with a clean, circle shaped stamped area.


As you can see, I stamped some images from the Country Blooms stamp set.  I used Versamark Ink and Gold Embossing Powder.  This is one of my favourite and mostly used sets!!  I used the Co-ordinating Dies to cut the images out.  For the colouring I left it VERY simple.  I chose the lightest shades of four colours that I had in my Promarker stash and simply blended them out with the blender marker.  I did not want vibrant colours taking away from the gold embossing.  You can see how faint the green leaves are.


For the sentiment, I used the very first stamp set I bought from HoneyBee...Beautiful Life!!!  This set also has Co-ordinating Dies which I used here.  I stamped the word "fabulous" in Versamark and embossed it in gold as well.  Have to keep this gold theme going!!  I cut multiples of the fabulous die so I could make a very dimensional embellishment.  I have a stack of scrap, inexpensive white cardstock that I use in my stamp storage pockets. I use this for things like layering dies so I'm not using up the "good stuff"!  I stamped the "you are" with black ink, for a little contrast, onto a small strip of white cardstock.


To put the card together, I used a combination of foam adhesive and liquid glue, but mostly foam adhesive!  I surround half the stamped circle with the floral and leaf images and placed the sentiments on the opposite side of the circle.  To finish off, I used the sequin stamp, also from the Life is Beautiful set in gold embossing powder to "jazz' things up a bit!!






Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  I hope you enjoyed! 

 I'll be back real soon!!  

Laurie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...