Sunday, January 15, 2017

Combining Multiple Companies on One Card!

Happy Sunday!! I hope your weekend was great!! I had a bit of an extended weekend so it was awesome.  But it's come to the time of day when I'm already thinking about the week ahead and that's always a bit depressing.  So to cheer myself up, I made a bright, happy card using multiple companies.  I love doing this!

I've recently become a HUGE fan of Love Cynthia stamps.  She based in France and draws the cutest images ever.  All her stamps are based around happiness and feature what are known as "happy girls".  They actually do make me happy :)

I chose the Choose Happiness stamp set today and decided to make a birthday card.  I also had a die cut piece of ivory cardstock lying on my desk for quite some time, so this was a great time to use it!  It was cut using the Dotted Scallops Cover Up Die from Lil 'Inker Designs.  This is an amazing die!!  In fact, she carries numerous, super unique and beautiful dies just like this one.


I coloured my "happy girl" as well as the tiny butterfly and fussy cut them out.  For the sentiment, I used a die set from Simon Says Stamp called Sending and Wishing. I die cut the word "wishing" from ivory cardstock and simple used my markers to color it the same as my little girl's dress.  I find it easier to color by leaving the die cut in the cardstock.


I used the stamp set that pairs well with these dies, also called Sending and Wishing! I stamped "you the happiest birthday" on ivory cardstock as well, and trimmed it out with my paper trimmer.  To make it pop off the ivory background, I layered it on a small strip of blue cardstock (same as my cardbase).

To adhere the scalloped background, I used Tombow Mono Multi Glue in the larger areas.  To adhere that super delicate "wishing" I used a Zig Two Way Glue Pen.  I adhered the rest of the elements with foam dots.  My absolute favourite foam squares are from Best Creation in both the Large and the Small.

And here's a look at the finished card complete with some super cute 4mm Radiant Pineapple Sequins from Studio Katia!!



Thank you for stopping by to take a look!!  I hope this card made you as happy as it did me!!

See You Soon!!

Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...