Friday, December 16, 2016

Sweethearts

Happy Friday!!! I'm here to share another Studio Katia creation with you.  I know the Christmas season is upon us but boy, oh boy, am I Christmas carded out!!!  I am still making the occasional holiday card but I'm quite honestly ready for the next occasion.  That being, Valentines Day, of course!!

I used the Sweet Heart Candy stamp set for this card.  I was in the mood for some simple watercoloring so that is what I did.  I started by stamping the open heart image side by side in the middle of a piece of watercolour cardstock in Versamark Ink, then embossed it with white embossing powder.  After those initial hearts were placed, I randomly stamped the same image over the entire panel (also heat embossing in white).  I added some of the cute sayings that fit perfectly in the heart.

Now what is awesome about this stamp set is that the heart image fits perfectly with the heart die from the Stitched Notebook Die Set!!  So, of course I had to use that too!  I die cut two hearts out of the same watercolour cardstock, then heat embossed the tiny faces in silver embossing powder.


To add my colour, I used my Tombow markers.  I chose pastel colours similar to the actual candy.


Once all the colouring was done, I used the largest die from the new Darling Ribbon and Dotted Frame Dies to get that sweet pierced detail on my panel.  I adhered my two stitched hearts on top of the side by side hearts on the panel and adhered everything onto a kraft card base.

Because the front of the card is basically covered in sentiments, I did not add anything more.  I did, however stamp a simple "love you" greeting on the inside of the card.


I finished the card off by using Icy Breeze Sequins in both the 4mm and 6mm.




Thank you for stopping by today!!  Wishing you all an amazing weekend!!

Laurie



1 comment:

  1. Saw it on IG and had to come and give it some proper love - this is adorable! We call them Love Hearts in the UK and they are these beautiful pastel colours. I love this card. I love the simple watercolouring and resist and most of all I love those cheery hearts in the middle of the card. So brilliantly put together! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...