Saturday, February 20, 2016

Fun & Cute February Challenge!

Happy Saturday, Everyone!!  I am sharing a card that I've entered into the monthly challenge over at Paper Smooches.  The challenge is Fun and Cute!!  Which is not really a challenge considering all PS products are both those things!!!






I started by cutting 2 panels of grey cardstock with a scalloped frame die.  I scored the back panel in between two of the scallops and adhered them together with Score Tape.


I then cut a panel with a journaling card die and embossed it with a polka dot embossing folder (which I have been obsessed with lately).
I decided to use the fun and cute Coffee and Tea Dies.  I quickly watercolored some areas on some watercolour paper and die cut the tea cups. 


I die cut the little tea bag die as well out of a scrap piece of distressed, crumpled paper, which I added some Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Inks in hope of making it look like a used teabag.


As you can see, I die cut a tiny banner out of the red watercolour and placed the heart out of that die onto the teabag.  I also added a few details with a white gel pen and Glossy Accents to the cups.  I used the " Warm Wishes" from the Sentiment Sampler Stamp Set and heat embossed it in white onto a banner shape cut from the same grey cardstock.  I added some "steam" from Hot Concoctions and added a few red sequins.

Here is my finished card!!  



Hope you enjoyed!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Laurie






1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done - it does indeed look like a used tea bag! Definitely very fun and very cute - just like Mr Sloth in your picture :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...