Saturday, June 20, 2015

Ink Obsession

Hi all!!  I know its been a little while and I'm not even going to make any excuses....I'm lazy, that's it. Truth is I haven't actually been doing a lot of card making lately.  I've been obsessed with rearranging my craft space, which turns into rearranging almost the entire house!!  But I think I'm happy and satisfied with it now!  So now the crafting can begin again:)
I've also been on kind of a spending spree (if you follow me on Instagram, you'll be well aware of this).  Not good.  Well, it is good in the way that I get fabulous new goodies delivered to my door every week.  Not so good that the Visa is taking a nasty hit.  If my husband actually knew what this stuff costs, he would freak out!  But whatever makes me happy, right?!?
It all started with me wanting new inks.  And trying to keep the cost down I went with the new Ranger dye inks over the Simon Says Stamp inks.  When I received them I was excited because there was good reviews but when I used them I was like "meh", didn't blow me away.  Don't get me wrong, they are good. They stamp nice and stuff but the colors were just, ok.  I guess its a good basic, primary set of inks.

 So then the new Simon Says Stamp release, The Colour of Fun, came out.  And they had a brand new set of inks, so I thought, why not, let's give these a try.

 Well, they are FABULOUS!!!! They are SO yummy (if you can describe ink that way)!!  They stamp like a dream!! And there started my obsession with collecting them all. I think they are quite reasonably priced but with the Canadian dollar being in the crapper, the cost does add up!

The way I look at it is this:  this stuff makes me happy, it takes the stress of my day job away.  I will spend hours in my craft room and when I come out I may have only made one or two cards, but I feel good. I feel relaxed.  Isn't that all that matters??  (I know, the Visa balance matters too, but that's for another day:)

I will have a card on here later, so stayed tuned!!
Stay crafty, my friends!!

1 comment:

  1. Haven't tried the SSS inks, but I do love my Ranger Dyes. I don't use them a lot, so they are fine for me. Funny how different crafters like different things! Happy stamping!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...