Saturday, May 9, 2015

I Love Happy Mail!!!

Hi all!!  So this week ended on a high note...happy mail!!!  My order from Simon Says Stamp and PaperTrey Ink orders arrived.  No matter the type of week I've had (and believe me, this one was a doozie!), opening up those packages just makes the world right again!

I haven't ordered anything from PaperTrey for awhile, so I made up for it!!  I can literally spend hours on that site filling and editing my shopping cart.  The only newer release item I ordered was the Horizontal Split Card die, the rest were older stamp sets like DayDreamer and Doodle-Do, which by the way are AMAZING!!!

I got some newer stuff from Simon Says Stamp.  My first stamps and dies from Waffle Flower..Doily Circle, haven't used them, but can't wait!!  Also, the I Knead You stamps and dies from My Favorite Things.  And finally, Fanciful Flower from Newton's Nook, it is awesome!!

Here's my haul:

And I made this card combining the Fanciful Flowers stamp set with the Hello Foxy stamp/die set from PaperTrey Ink.  Inks are from SU:  Coastal Cabana, Blushing Bride, Pistachio Pudding and Crushed Curry. I also die cut the largest Scribble Circle die (also PTI) out of vellum to try and ground the cute little fox.

I just want to share one more card.  This one I had a bit of a hard time with.  I used Lawn Fawns Flutter By stamp set, heat embossed in white, then watercolored with Distress Inks.  That was so much fun and went really well.  I had wanted to make a shaker card.  I had the WHOLE thing assembled, then this happened:  I messed up the stamping of the sentiment... on the window sheet...with Staz On.  Ya, I know.  Rookie mistake!!  But this is the result of a little card surgery:

I'm happy with it!

So that's it for now.  I've recently been doing some colouring, as in, colouring book colouring!  It is so good for the mood!!!  I'll post all about it!!

See you later and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!!!
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...